At the latest gathering of the Evil 7 it came to our attention that our bold whipmistress and supreme ass kicker Snarky Dwarf has suddenly *gasp* lost her snark. The Swamp is in an uproar. I’m not sure how we missed such a momentous disaster, but trying to retrieve that mangy feather fiend, Mischeivous from the Three Misfiteers, resisting the urge to show that pompous C. Rock Adile how lovely he’d look in boot form, and making sure to keep those damn Storm Troopers from finding Jedi Dwarf, we seemed to have lost her snark.
Although we’ve bid adieu to Jedi, we have been able to help Dreamer Dwarf get settled. I’ve managed to wrangle the Prankster Duo into keeping Eerie’s zombies occupied so Dreamer doesn’t catch on that the shuffling noises she’s been hearing aren’t the three lost pigs from the other side of the Swamp. We all pitched in with her beautiful moat and boy is C. Rock going to be pissed when he finds out we bribed his cousins into taking up residence. I think if we corner a few unicorns for Dreamer, she’ll be okay. As long as we keep the zombies, the Prankster Duo, the hellhound, Eerie and the Swamp Thing away from her yard. Maybe her white picket fence and beautifully boxed flower things will keep everyone back. If not, that’s why we have the moat!
I was going to make my Muse and that drunken fool she’s been hanging out with over at Swamp Shack help me earlier this month, but she’s taken a beating from all the guest posts I had to throw together. Who knew that trying to come with entertaining blog posts was almost as hard as…writing? Not me, that’s for sure. However, I’m sure she’s back in fighting form so I sent Mischevious over to Eerie’s so we can figure out what happened to Snarky’s snark. Between the two of us I’m sure we’ll hunt it down.
Since my Muse was able to help me carve out a good 12 pages today, I figured we’d stick with what works do a little revamping of the Swamp. Maybe it’s the massive amount of HGTV (Hag and Gnome channel) I’ve been forced to watch late at night while the hellhound has been chasing the Zombies and Knight in slightly muddy armor has been out “raiding” with his friends until the wee hours, but it was time for a change. Cool uh?
My To-Do list is growing:
1. Round up Eerie and the Muses and find Snarky’s snark
2. Do weekly rounds of guest posts at following sites (and it’s a busy week):
- 4/17 Michelle Miles’s Ye Olde Inkwell where I keep with my HGTV motif and discuss A Writer’s Dream
- 4/19 Stacey Donaldson is hosting me at The Write to Make A Living as we take a peek into the Chaotic World fo a Writer’s Mind
- 4/20 The lovely Bri Clark graciously rescheduled me over at The Belle of Boise to chat about Plot and Soap Opras
- 4/21 BK Walker has welcomed me to her Immortyl Cafe to explore how to Forge a Character
3. Help plan the yearly trip to Troll Mountain. I so can’t wait for this one!
4. Keep the Prankster Duo focused for their annual Testing Games–only a few make it through with their brains intact. Here’s hoping we’ve prepared them enough for the onslaught of data!
I think that’s it so far…more than enough to keep me busy.
Until next week…